Monday, December 13, 2010

Uncle David would be so jealous!



When you ask my Uncle David what his favorite wine is he will tell you (at least I think!) that it is Orvieto Classico, a smooth white wine that just makes you smile when you sip it. Imagine his jealousy to know that I recently traveled to the quaint town of Orvieto to see for myself if the town holds a candle to the fabulous wine it exports.


My favorite part was saying the word Funicular, because it sounds amusing
and it happens to be the wonderful way to travel between the train and the town above

The public garden

I live in a castle back in Halifax too......

Jill stretching out a muscle, ha ha, inside joke

Can you imagine getting the contract to lay all 2 billion of those cobble stones!



A local craft market

Nothing says fresh like a head in the window.

The Cathedral


When Italians build churches they are not messing around, extraordinary




Amanda, myself and Jill

My new best friend, this cat could not get enough love, we bonded.

Apparently word travels fast, this other cat must have heard that there was free snuggles available

By far the best lamps I have ever seen.


The wall surrounding the town



A little wine for the train home, cork broke, no problem, apparently we are all former girl scouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment