Sunday, December 26, 2010

Amazing people from around the world

Christmas was certainly different this year but I have to say that I enjoyed each day so far. When I first arrived in Rome I wondered if I could make friends here, but as you can see I have made many. We sat together for a really lovely Christmas dinner and enjoyed each others good company.


We start the day with a little music



Natalie and Lauren taking one for the team and cooking the chicken!

Our lovely table pre-hurricane of food

Large shell pasta stuffed with squash, garlic and sage. Drizzled on top
is pecorino cheese. The cheese-less part is for Brad :)

Aunt Linda's Swedish potato dish, mmmm it was good

Green salad tossed with Italian pears, toasted almonds and drizzled with an olive oil-mandarin dressing.

 
Chicken and carrots too! Oh and rice, that was still in the kitchen.

Me, Edgar, Donna, Brad, Lauren, Natalie and Carlo. We are so pretty.
I am just realizing now that I didn't take a picture of the best part, despite a unsuccessful city wide search for molasses I still made some pretty rocking gingerbread with a warm lemon sauce. Oh wow it was good. Thank you to everyone for making it a great Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment