Sunday, December 26, 2010

Termini's hidden surprises

Termini is a place in Rome that I have grown to really enjoy, it is the place where most of Rome congregates together on their way to where ever they are going. Sometimes Termini can be grimy, sometimes it can be a pick pocketer's dream. But I sure do enjoy people watching, the couple kissing in the next metro-car down from me, everyone wondering where the other person is going.

Termini gave me an extra surprise this Christmas when I noticed the two large Christmas trees with notes of hopes and dreams in every language attached to it's branches. Below are a selection of the English notes I read, some funny, some hoping their problems would go away, all of us joined in our hope for something better.

Edgar, Brad and the Christmas wish tree


I took the opportunity to include my own Christmas wish note.

Some people asked for more practical things

Others poured their hearts into their notes, hoping that
maybe this is their one last chance to make things right

And some people draw elaborate cartoons with guns....


I'm hoping that my Christmas wish comes true. Merry Christmas everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I cried reading your Christmas wish Catherine. I pray it comes true for you. You both deserve to be together and I really hope that you will have that chance.

    ReplyDelete