Friday, December 17, 2010

Snow in Rome!

I was just making lunch when I decided to go look out the window, I squinted to focus on what I could see were tiny tiny snow flakes coming from the sky! Snow in Rome is very rare and I have to say that if someone had put snow on the university brochure I might have had second thoughts about returning back to the Northern Hemisphere again! Ok, but seriously, it is so pretty, and I just emailed the entire class to make sure that they saw it. Several people in my class have never seen snow before which I find so amazing.

Now I know that I grew up in Canada, snow is certainly not new to me, but I cannot help but feel excited for all of the local people who are probably walking around with the tongues in the air hoping to catch a snow flake.

Yes, that is snow alright
With a squint of the eye you can see the snow flakes, it's like taking a picture of the moon really,
it never comes out the way you hope

Just for fun I thought I would share a picture taken by mother last year in winter. The previous
day there was no snow, it all fell at one time,
the next day it was gone again...

No comments:

Post a Comment