Friday, December 24, 2010

I broke one of the Nova Scotia commandments today....

 I find the wine aisle in the grocery store amazing, for 2.5 Euro I can buy a very tasty wine that rivals the $10 bottles at home. That said however I took my obsession with "getting a deal" too far a few days ago when I purchased a 1 Euro bottle known as Fontana di Papa. I am not entirely sure what it is that Papa puts into this supposed fountain of wine but let me say that I am pretty sure there was ethanol or something else non-desirable.

There is a little unwritten rule at home amongst my friends which is that alcohol is never ever ever to be wasted under any circumstances so as I held the bottle over the sink I hesitated a bit. I am officially a sinner in the eyes of Nova Scotia alcohol appreciators as I have actually poured a bottle of wine down the sink. I hope that all of you will forgive me and know that I would not share that wine with my worst enemy ha ha ha.

My dinner however saved the day and made up for my poor choice in wine. I made an incredible whole wheat spaghetti with roasted squash, sage and walnuts. I made a sage-butter sauce and sprinkled fresh basil on top. Wow, sometimes I impress myself ha ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment