Monday, December 20, 2010

And then there was Paloni


Oh yeah and he is a published author as well!

Ever have a moment where you are so interested in whatever you are doing that you completely lose track of time? That has been my experience in the last three days of lectures with the fabulous teachings of Professor Paloni. Our three day series of lectures was called Development Theory and Financial Assistance but what it really about is the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund and how they are probably two of the most corrupt organizations in the world. Each day that I sat there I felt like a sponge, ready to soak up all that was to be offered.

Of course I am not one to just take what I hear as gospel, I always make a point of evaluating information for myself because it has been my experience that not everything in life is true just because someone says that it is. In this case however Professor Paloni was giving me the details that I longed for about two organizations that I have for quite some time, not been a fan of.

I am not going to get into the details of the lecture right here on this blog, but I more so just needed to say thank you to the universe for three fabulous days at school. I actually had the flu for two of those days yet managed to drag myself to class despite feeling like bubble gum on the bottom of someones shoe, I just found it so interesting, I couldn't stay home and miss my opportunity to learn more about something I am so interested in.

Thank you Professor Paloni for a great class, now if only I can pass the exam I will be laughing!

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment