Monday, November 1, 2010

A little music to go with my dinner

I was just in the kitchen making my dinner when the church next door broke into this random song. I have no idea why, apparently they like to play random music, but it is so beautiful. I found myself standing on the terrace listening to the music in the cool night air feeling for the first time something a bit new, happiness.

I have been feeling a lot of guilt for being in Rome while people around the world are suffering. But I keep reminding myself that I am here for a purpose, and when I graduate next year I will be better equipped to help chronically hungry people. Until then I will listen to the chimes of music played by the church next door, I will enjoy the taste of fresh pesto and remember to smile when I walk past an ancient monument. How many times does a person have the chance to live in Rome. Enjoy it while it lasts.

The music played for 10 minutes or so before I began recording, it is so beautiful that I lost myself for a few minutes. Then I decided that I should record it so I can share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment