Monday, November 29, 2010

A Canadian in Italy enjoying American Thanksgiving!

I have the fortune of saying that I celebrated my very first American Thanksgiving last night due to the wonderful festive spirit of my American room mate Jill. This is such a big holiday for the American people so Jill spent most of the week preparing so that on the special day she and her closest friends could feast on the perfect meal and give thanks for all of the fortune we have in our lives.

Earlier in the week Jill went to the market to pre-order her turkey. When she arrived to pick it up the man
announced that all he had was a EIGHT KILO turkey! Ok, no problem, let's invite more people!

Oh my goodness, the food was amazing, a literally had to go change out of my dress
and into something more comfortable. I think I am still full.

A dash of squash, add a lovely group of ladies and some fine Italian wine, the day was perfect

Good thing we took this picture before eating, I think we all had food babies by the end of the meal!


Great job Jill, it was a night to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment