Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Community Mentor-ship Award

The most wonderful thing happened on my flight to Rome, while I was sitting in Toronto I received an email from Big Brothers-Big Sisters of Halifax. As it turns out I had been nominated by several people, including Abdul for a community mentor-ship award! It was Abdul's nomination that brought me to the attention of the board, and because of his beautiful letter I was chosen to be honored for my community work.

On October 20th the organization held their annual gala and I was honored in public for being an outstanding mentor in the community. My mother, Abdul and Fatima went up on stage to receive the award in my absence, and my father was there to take the photo below. What a proud moment, I wish I was there in person!

When I was selected the organizer asked me to identify a mentor who had helped me in my life, for me the choice was obvious, Catherine De Sua Branson, an incredible woman whom I had worked for at Fraser & Hoyt Travel management.

For more information and to read my comments about Catherine De Sua Branson as well as Abdul nomination visit here:
http://www.bigbrothersbigsistershalifax.ca/en/home/events/catherinerobar.aspx

My mother, Diann Robar, Abdul and Fatima receive the award in my absence

The brochure and award

Inside of the brochure and my award

No comments:

Post a Comment