Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happiness comes in blue bags

Reason 462 why I enjoy being in Italy. After a delightful morning buying groceries at the local farmers market with my room mate Roberta, I return home with ONE KILO of spinach for.....one Euro, that's right people, ONE Euro!! I have actually never purchased a kilo of fresh spinach before so I was expecting a handful or something, I am not sure why. I was needless to say, surprised when for only one Euro I left with an entire grocery bag FULL of fresh locally grown spinach.

Oh, and just to add further salt to the wounds of my friends and family in Canada (sorry guys), I am actually on my terrace in March with a tank top and skirt on. In fact I did this in February too but I really didn't want to make anyone feel bad so I kept it to myself. If it makes you feel better, it is 28 degrees in Thembalethu right now, oh how I wish I was at the beach!!

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment