Sunday, March 20, 2011

Buona Domenica!


I am sitting here in my bedroom studying Human Development and all of a sudden I hear music coming from outside! Only in Rome would I look outdoors and see a two man brass band walking up my street performing for the neighbours! I have to say, Italian people are very creative in their attempts to earn a few dollars and being that I come from the musical hub of Halifax it fills my soul with happiness to hear live music again!



From my fifth floor balcony I wave to the musicians to say thank you for such a lovely performance and am very pleased to see that my attempt to donate a few euro to their cause is successful as my bag of coins arrives safely to the ground without hitting a car!

I won't lie to you, living in Rome is actually not always easy, but it is moments like this that make me smile and feel so happy to have the opportunity to be here and see what life inside Italy is really like. 

Buona Dominica tutti!
(Happy Sunday everyone!)

2 comments:

  1. Only in Rome you say? Lovely way to start my Sunday morning. They sounded great!
    xxoo
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly Saxon thinks that Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada and South Africa have an excellent ambassadress in Catherine Robar. Buona Domenica back to you Catherine !

    ReplyDelete